Sunday, June 19, 2011

My dad....

When I was in elementary school I was known as a tom boy.  I can thank my dad for that.  If it weren't for my dad I wouldn't know how to throw a softball.  It's all in the step forward and the follow through.  I wouldn't know how to fish.   It's all in finding the right spot and having patience.  I wouldn't know how to pick out a good winter coat.  It's all in the down feathers.  My dad taught me those things.

When I was in middle school I asked my dad for homework help once.  When I got through with the problems and answered them all correctly, he made me do 10 more.  It was extremely annoying at the time.  Now I know that when I have children....they will absolutely do extra homework problems.  Just because you understand something the first time doesn't mean you can't learn something from doing it again.  My dad taught me that.

When I was in high school my dad required that I have a clean car.  As we all know...I'm not an organized person so this was an extremely hard task.  I never understood why my car "had" to be clean and how it would "better" my life.  Yesterday I just cleaned out my car and I finally understand what my dad wanted for me.  I literally feel at peace in my car knowing that the junk is cleared....and this cleanliness applies to all areas of life.  My dad taught me this.

 Happy Father's Day dad...I love you.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment