Monday, June 20, 2011

Summa' Vacay!....and an awesome recipe!

I am delighted to announce....it is officially SUMMER VACATION!!!!!!!!  To celebrate, here is an awesome recipe (in my humble opinion).

Boneless Pork Chops with a White Wine Cream Sauce

White Wine Cream Sauce
1.  Chop up 1/2 onion and add it to a pot with 1/4 stick melted butter.



2.  Cook until onions are translucent.


3.  Add 1/2 cup of white wine.  I use whatever is on sale!



4.  After wine reduces by half, add about 1/2 cup of heavy cream.


5.  Let simmer on medium low heat for 2 minutes or so.  After two minutes, add a couple of handfuls of      parmesan cheese.



6.  Stir and let thicken for 5 minutes or so.  Once sauce is thickened...add the secret ingredient....worcestershire sauce.  Only a couple of dashes is needed!!!



To cook the pork....

1.  Salt and pepper boneless pork chops on both sides and cook on a "grill skillet".  (that's what I call it....maybe it has a professional name???)



I serve this dish with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach.  I have heard about the "steam in the bag" potatoes.  They look like this in the grocery store.


Now I have always been a "from scratch" kind of girl but I must say...these potatoes are easy and delicious!!!  Here is the final product...


So So So good!  Enjoy!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment