Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Love Hate Relationship

I have always wanted to become a runner.  You know...the cool people in the cute sports clothes happily jogging along the road.  I see them and secretly wish I was that cool person in the cute sports clothes happily jogging along the road.  The problem is...I am not a runner.  It's no secret.  I think it began in 7th grade.  I ate a huge pancake breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes) before the mile run and then tried to get my fastest time.  I won't go into details but lets just say it was not a pretty site.  To this day I will not eat anything before I exercise.  I've gotten over my embarrassment of puking on the track during my adolescent years and my desire to run has returned.  I started in the fall but stopped in the winter because I didn't want to break a limb slipping on ice (I'm clumsy).  I started back about two weeks ago.  The routine goes something like this.

I put Dexter's harness on.  He's usually waiting by the door.


(Notice the broken blinds?...........I love my dog..........)

I steal my husbands running shoes.


I take a deep breath and remind myself that I'm not in 7th grade anymore....

And then I head out.





I'm finally getting to the point where I look forward to my run after work.  By no means am I jumping for joy because I get to go running. It's more of an end of the work day routine.  Unfortunately getting used to running takes a while....I'm still out of breath.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment