Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Smothered Pork Chops

I never ate pork chops a child.  Nothing against them, we just never ate them.  As I became older, I kept hearing people rave about pork chops.  I found it odd that people ate pork just like they would eat chicken or steak.  I only ate pork in bbq and on new years eve (my moms slow cooker pork and sauerkraut is amazing).  One day I was casually browsing various internet blogs when I found a posting for "low country smothered pork chops".  This casual finding is one that has changed my life.  This recipe is amazing....simply delicious.  I'd say it's one of my "last 5 meals of my life" recipes.  You need to make it soon...real soon.

1. Cut up one large green bell pepper and one sweet onion.  Put them to the side.


2.  Mix together flour, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.  Dredge pork chops in flour and put on a separate plate.



(This pork chop is HUGE compared to normal ones.  They were on sale so that's what I used.  I love leftovers so it works.)


3.  Place pork chops in a heated cast iron pan.  Brown on both sides.


4.  Put browned pork chops aside and place onions and peppers in the pan.


5.  Add garlic and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes.  I always buy chopped garlic.  It's fast and honestly I don't notice much of a difference.


6.  Push peppers and onions to the side and add pork chops back to the pan.  Place onions and peppers on top of the pork chops.


7.  Pour in half a box of chicken stock and 4-5 dashes of worcestershire sauce.  Cover with tin foil and cook on medium low for 45 minutes.


8.  Serve over rice or noodles.



9.  ENJOY!!!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment