Friday, February 11, 2011

Habits

As I informed you earlier, I have given up watching TV unless they are shows that both my husband and I watch.    TV had become a nasty habit.  The thing about habits is.....they are hard to give up.  So far, my decision has been an easy one.  Today, however, was a different story.  I arrived home thanking the heavens that it was Friday.  I let the dog out, sat on the couch, and stared at the blank TV.  I could feel my fingers itching to pick up the remote and settle in for a "relaxing" Friday afternoon.What was Barefoot Contessa cooking? Are Cory and Topanga finally getting married on Boy Meets World?  What did I miss between Derek and Meredith on Greys Anatomy?  While thinking about the events I had missed with my characters, something kept nagging my brain. I am literally sickened with shame at these photos....but whatever...admittance is the first step in recovery right?

and this didn't help either...

I realize that these photos are embarrassing, but in order for you to understand my dilemma, you need to see the true grit of the problem.  Just realizing that I would have to post these pictures on this blog as a promise to myself made me forget any longings for my television characters.  I turned on my ITunes playlist that includes This Woman's Work by Kate Bush (Best Song Ever) and The Story by Brandie Carlile.  I lit some candles and then I tackled the kitchen.

I thought that by giving up my normal routine of watching television, I would be sacrificing my "relaxing" afternoon.  Quite the contrary actually.  I feel incredibly relaxed knowing that I worked hard and that my apartment is clean.  (Side note....I'm still incredibly embarrassed  about the pictures I posted so if you see me in public....lets just not talk about it.  K?  Thanks.)
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment