Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thoughts

I haven't posted since Monday.  When I started this blog I had a goal of posting at least every other day.  I know that when I read blogs, I get so impatient for new postings and find myself disappointed when I see the same title that was there 3 days ago.  Oddly enough, I'm actually glad that tonight is the first time since Monday that I've been able to post.  You see...I'm tired.  Now please don't think I'm venting or complaining because there's more to this story.  Some recent revelations and discussions have made me realize that I have not been seeking my full potential.  I've been lazy.  I've been putting a lot of "half efforts" into things that deserve every ounce of effort I have.  I would come home feeling exhausted without having a clue why.  After a lot of prayer and reflection, I knew something had to change.  For the first time in a long time, I feel tired for all of the right reasons.  As I was driving home feeling tired, I couldn't help but smile because I knew exactly why I was tired.  I write this not to boast or brag.  My "tiredness" is nothing compared to most.  It's simply a step in the right direction.  I hope those of you reading this are "tired" too and that the feeling is absolutely wonderful.
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment