Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday BRUNCH

 Sunday BRUNCH is a serious business in our house.  It started about a month ago with the typical dilemma of not knowing what we felt like eating.  I wanted omelets.  My husband wanted smoothies.  My best friend wanted cinnamon roll french toast.  My husband then declared that we would make all of them and call it BRUNCH!  We had our second BRUNCH today and it was beyond fabulous.  Everyone in the kitchen wore aprons.  When I say everyone....I mean everyone.

(My husband will not be very pleased with me for posting these pictures so lets pretend he doesn't see them and not mention it k? thanks.)

We start with the smoothies.  Pineapple, strawberries, and orange juice.

We then start the cinnamon french toast.

 I am using OXO tongs in this picture.  OXO tongs are life changing.  If you don't have a pair...get one.  Please.....you'll be very happy.

While letting the cinnamon french toast cook, break up the frozen hashbrowns in the bag.  I do this by throwing the bag on the floor.  It gets the job done and it's really quite fun.
  


Make sure you don't get carried away with hash brown crushing and let this happen...
If this happens, shrug it off and start a new batch because burnt french toast is disgusting (not that I know from personal experience).
We then cooked the omelets.  And when I say we, I mean my best friend.  She makes life-altering omelets.  Seriously...it's a gift.
When putting spinach in omelets, cover the pot with a lid so that the spinach steams while the omelet cooks.
I then cooked hashbrowns...
and we loaded our plates!

Sunday BRUNCH is a ritual I am extremely grateful for.  It will always consist of these things because there is no better combination that could be put on one plate.  It will always be eaten on Sundays because Sundays are the best.  It will always be savored and relished and will never be taken for granted.  We are open to having visitors....just let us know so we can make extra.
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment