Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Secrets

My husband informed me today that I was not allowed to post my "secret" recipes.  (I have no idea what my "secret" recipes are).  I very kindly informed him that I was already planning on posting this one.  The "secret" recipes are apparently the good ones....so consider yourself lucky because all other "secret" recipes are staying secret (except they probably won't because again....I don't know what the "secret" recipes are).

French Fries (yes it's a bland title but what else should I call them?)

1.  Start with White Potatoes.  You can find them in any grocery store and they are the best potatoes for french fries (in my humble opinion).
2. Cut potatoes into very thin slices.
3. Cut the thin slices into french fry size pieces.
4.  Place the french fry pieces into a large ziplock bag.
5. Pour a liberal amount of olive oil into the bag, zip shut, and shake like crazy!
6.  Place french fries onto a greased baking sheet.  Make sure all slices are laying flat on the pan...that's what makes them crispy!
7.  This is the most....important....step.  My secret weapon.
I'm convinced that I would probably eat Spam if it was flavored with season salt....(except that's a total lie because I will never eat Spam....ever. No offense or anything...it's just not my thing).

8.  After sprinkling/coating potatoes with seasoning salt, place on top shelf of a 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes.  Don't be afraid if this happens while they are cooking.
The steam from the potatoes seeps through the back of the oven.  The first time I made these I literally grabbed the fire extinguisher ready to blast the burning contents of my oven.  Silly me. (By the way...do you like my note that reminds me to turn the oven off?  It works....sometimes....)

9.  Grab a bowl and fill with ranch or blue cheese dressing.  Take the fries out of the oven and enjoy!!!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment